Dictionary Results for solid|
1. solid - noun
· matter that is solid at room temperature and pressure
2. solid - noun
· the state in which a substance has no tendency to flow under moderate stress; resists forces (such as compression) that tend to deform it; and retains a definite size and shape
Synonym(s): solidness, solid_state
Hypernym(s): state_of_matter, state
3. solid - noun
· a three-dimensional shape
Hypernym(s): shape, form
4. solid - adjective
· characterized by good substantial quality; "solid comfort"; "a solid base hit"
5. solid - adjective
· of definite shape and volume; firm; neither liquid nor gaseous; "ice is water in the solid state"
Antonym(s): liquid, gaseous
6. solid - adjective
· entirely of one substance with no holes inside; "a solid block of wood"
7. solid - adjective
· of one substance or character throughout; "solid gold"; "carved out of solid rock"
8. solid - adjective
· uninterrupted in space; having no gaps or breaks; "a solid line across the page"; "solid sheets of water"
9. solid - adjective
· providing abundant nourishment; "a hearty meal"; "good solid food"; "ate a substantial breakfast"; "four square meals a day"
Synonym(s): hearty, satisfying, square, substantial
10. solid - adjective
· of good quality and condition; solidly built; "a solid foundation"; "several substantial timber buildings"
Synonym(s): strong, substantial
11. solid - adjective
· not soft or yielding to pressure; "a firm mattress"; "the snow was firm underfoot"; "solid ground"
12. solid - adjective
· having three dimensions; "a cube is a solid figure with six sides"
13. solid - adjective
· impenetrable for the eye; "solid blackness"
14. solid - adjective
· financially sound; "the bank is solid and will survive this attack"
15. solid - adjective
· of a substantial character and not frivolous or superficial; "work of solid scholarship"; "based on solid facts"
16. solid - adjective
· meriting respect or esteem; "an upstanding member of the community"
17. solid - adjective
· of the same color throughout; "solid color"
Synonym(s): self-colored, self-coloured
18. solid - adjective
· acting together as a single undiversified whole; "a solid voting bloc"
Synonym(s): unanimous, whole
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.