1. snap - noun
· the act of catching an object with the hands; "Mays made the catch with his back to the plate"; "he made a grab for the ball before it landed"; "Martin's snatch at the bridle failed and the horse raced away"; "the infielder's snap and throw was a single motion"
2. snap - noun
· a spell of cold weather; "a cold snap in the middle of May"
3. snap - noun
· tender green beans without strings that easily snap into sections
4. snap - noun
· a crisp round cookie flavored with ginger
5. snap - noun
· the noise produced by the rapid movement of a finger from the tip to the base of the thumb on the same hand; "servants appeared at the snap of his fingers"
6. snap - noun
· a sudden sharp noise; "the crack of a whip"; "he heard the cracking of the ice"; "he can hear the snap of a twig"
7. snap - noun
· a sudden breaking
8. snap - noun
· the tendency of a body to return to its original shape after it has been stretched or compressed; "the waistband had lost its snap"
9. snap - noun
· an informal photograph; usually made with a small hand-held camera; "my snapshots haven't been developed yet"; "he tried to get unposed shots of his friends"
10. snap - noun
· a fastener used on clothing; fastens with a snapping sound; "children can manage snaps better than buttons"
11. snap - noun
· any undertaking that is easy to do; "marketing this product will be no picnic"
12. snap - noun
· the act of snapping the fingers; movement of a finger from the tip to the base of the thumb on the same hand; "he gave his fingers a snap"
13. snap - noun
· (American football) putting the ball in play by passing it (between the legs) to a back; "the quarterback fumbled the snap"
14. snap - verb
· utter in an angry, sharp, or abrupt tone; "The sales clerk snapped a reply at the angry customer"; "The guard snarled at us"
15. snap - verb
· separate or cause to separate abruptly; "The rope snapped"; "tear the paper"
16. snap - verb
· break suddenly and abruptly, as under tension; "The pipe snapped"
17. snap - verb
· move or strike with a noise; "he clicked on the light"; "his arm was snapped forward"
18. snap - verb
· close with a snapping motion; "The lock snapped shut"
19. snap - verb
· make a sharp sound; "his fingers snapped"
20. snap - verb
· move with a snapping sound; "bullets snapped past us"
21. snap - verb
· to grasp hastily or eagerly; "Before I could stop him the dog snatched the ham bone"
22. snap - verb
· put in play with a snap; "snap a football"
23. snap - verb
· cause to make a snapping sound; "snap your fingers"
24. snap - verb
· lose control of one's emotions; "When she heard that she had not passed the exam, she lost it completely"; "When her baby died, she snapped"
25. snap - verb
· bring the jaws together; "he snapped indignantly"
26. snap - verb
· record on photographic film; "I photographed the scene of the accident"; "She snapped a picture of the President"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.