1. smother - verb
· envelop completely; "smother the meat in gravy"
2. smother - verb
· deprive of oxygen and prevent from breathing; "Othello smothered Desdemona with a pillow"; "The child suffocated herself with a plastic bag that the parents had left on the floor"
3. smother - verb
· suppress in order to conceal or hide; "smother a yawn"; "muffle one's anger"; "strangle a laugh"; "repress a cry of fear"
4. smother - verb
· form an impenetrable cover over; "the butter cream smothered the cake"
5. smother - verb
· deprive of the oxygen necessary for combustion; "smother fires"
6. smothering - adjective
· causing difficulty in breathing especially through lack of fresh air and presence of heat; "the choking June dust"; "the smothering soft voices"; "smothering heat"; "the room was suffocating--hot and airless"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.