Dictionary Results for smears|
1. smear - noun
· slanderous defamation
Synonym(s): vilification, malignment
Hypernym(s): defamation, calumny, calumniation, obloquy, traducement, hatchet_job
2. smear - noun
· a thin tissue or blood sample spread on a glass slide and stained for cytologic examination and diagnosis under a microscope
Synonym(s): cytologic_smear, cytosmear
3. smear - noun
· a blemish made by dirt; "he had a smudge on his cheek"
Synonym(s): smudge, spot, blot, daub, smirch, slur
Hypernym(s): blemish, defect, mar
4. smear - noun
· an act that brings discredit to the person who does it; "he made a huge blot on his copybook"
Synonym(s): blot, smirch, spot, stain
Hypernym(s): mistake, error, fault
5. smear - verb
· stain by smearing or daubing with a dirty substance
Hypernym(s): dirty, soil, begrime, grime, colly, bemire
6. smear - verb
· make a smudge on; soil by smudging
Synonym(s): blur, smudge, smutch
7. smear - verb
· cover (a surface) by smearing (a substance) over it; "smear the wall with paint"; "daub the ceiling with plaster"
8. smear - verb
· charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone; "The journalists have defamed me!"; "The article in the paper sullied my reputation"
Synonym(s): defame, slander, smirch, asperse, denigrate, calumniate, sully, besmirch
Hypernym(s): charge, accuse
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.