Dictionary Results for smack|
1. smack - noun
· a blow from a flat object (as an open hand)
Hypernym(s): blow, bump
2. smack - noun
· the taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth
Synonym(s): relish, flavor, flavour, sapidity, savor, savour, nip, tang
Hypernym(s): taste, taste_sensation, gustatory_sensation, taste_perception, gustatory_perception
3. smack - noun
· a sailing ship (usually rigged like a sloop or cutter) used in fishing and sailing along the coast
Hypernym(s): sailing_vessel, sailing_ship
4. smack - noun
· street names for heroin
Synonym(s): big_H, hell_dust, nose_drops, thunder, skag, scag
Hypernym(s): heroin, diacetylmorphine
5. smack - noun
· an enthusiastic kiss
Hypernym(s): kiss, buss, osculation
6. smack - noun
· the act of smacking something; a blow delivered with an open hand
Synonym(s): smacking, slap
7. smack - verb
· deliver a hard blow to; "The teacher smacked the student who had misbehaved"
8. smack - verb
· have an element suggestive (of something); "his speeches smacked of racism"; "this passage smells of plagiarism"
Synonym(s): reek, smell
Hypernym(s): suggest, evoke, paint_a_picture
9. smack - verb
· have a distinctive or characteristic taste; "This tastes of nutmeg"
Hypernym(s): taste, savor, savour
10. smack - verb
· kiss lightly
Hypernym(s): snog, kiss, buss, osculate
11. smack - verb
· press (the lips) together and open (the lips) noisily, as in eating
Hypernym(s): utter, emit, let_out, let_loose
12. smack - adverb
· directly; "he ran bang into the pole"; "ran slap into her"
Synonym(s): bang, slap, slapdash, bolt
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.