Dictionary Results for slide|
1. slide - noun
· a small flat rectangular piece of glass on which specimens can be mounted for microscopic study
Hypernym(s): plate_glass, sheet_glass
2. slide - noun
· (geology) the descent of a large mass of earth or rocks or snow etc.
3. slide - noun
· (music) rapid sliding up or down the musical scale; "the violinist was indulgent with his swoops and slides"
4. slide - noun
· plaything consisting of a sloping chute down which children can slide
Synonym(s): playground_slide, sliding_board
Hypernym(s): plaything, toy
5. slide - noun
· the act of moving smoothly along a surface while remaining in contact with it; "his slide didn't stop until the bottom of the hill"; "the children lined up for a coast down the snowy slope"
Synonym(s): glide, coast
Hypernym(s): motion, movement, move
6. slide - noun
· a transparency mounted in a frame; viewed with a slide projector
Hypernym(s): foil, transparency
7. slide - noun
· sloping channel through which things can descend
Synonym(s): chute, slideway, sloping_trough
Hypernym(s): gutter, trough
8. slide - verb
· move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner; "the wheels skidded against the sidewalk"
Synonym(s): skid, slip, slue, slew
9. slide - verb
· to pass or move unobtrusively or smoothly; "They slid through the wicket in the big gate"
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
10. slide - verb
· move smoothly along a surface; "He slid the money over to the other gambler"
Hypernym(s): move, displace
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.