Dictionary Results for slates|
1. slate - noun
· (formerly) a writing tablet made of slate
2. slate - noun
· thin layers of rock used for roofing
3. slate - noun
· a fine-grained metamorphic rock that can be split into thin layers
4. slate - noun
· a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices
Hypernym(s): list, listing
5. slate - verb
· designate or schedule; "He slated his talk for 9 AM"; "She was slated to be his successor"
Hypernym(s): intend, destine, designate, specify
6. slate - verb
· enter on a list or slate for an election; "He was slated for borough president"
Hypernym(s): cross-file, register
7. slate - verb
· cover with slate; "slate the roof"
8. slat - verb
· equip or bar with slats; "Slat the windows"
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
9. slat - verb
· close the slats of (windows)
Hypernym(s): close, shut
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.