Dictionary Results for sit|
1. sit - verb
· be seated
Antonym(s): stand, lie
2. sit - verb
· be around, often idly or without specific purpose; "The object sat in the corner"; "We sat around chatting for another hour"
3. sit - verb
· take a seat
4. sit - verb
· be in session; "When does the court of law sit?"
5. sit - verb
· assume a posture as for artistic purposes; "We don't know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"
Synonym(s): model, pose, posture
Hypernym(s): expose, exhibit, display
6. sit - verb
· sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions; "She never sat a horse!"; "Did you ever ride a camel?"; "The girl liked to drive the young mare"
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
7. sit - verb
· be located or situated somewhere; "The White House sits on Pennsylvania Avenue"
8. sit - verb
· work or act as a baby-sitter; "I cannot baby-sit tonight; I have too much homework to do"
Synonym(s): baby-sit, babysit
9. sit - verb
· show to a seat; assign a seat for; "The host seated me next to Mrs. Smith"
Synonym(s): seat, sit_down
Hypernym(s): put, set, place, pose, position, lay
10. sit - verb
· serve in a specific professional capacity; "the priest sat for confession"; "she sat on the jury"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.