1. sifting - noun
· the act of separating grain from chaff; "the winnowing was done by women"
2. sift - verb
· move as if through a sieve; "The soldiers sifted through the woods"
3. sift - verb
· separate by passing through a sieve or other straining device to separate out coarser elements; "sift the flour"
4. sift - verb
· check and sort carefully; "sift the information"
5. sift - verb
· distinguish and separate out; "sift through the job candidates"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.