Dictionary Results for shower|
1. shower - noun
· a plumbing fixture that sprays water over you; "they installed a shower in the bathroom"
2. shower - noun
· washing yourself by standing upright under water sprayed from a nozzle; "he took a shower after the game"
Hypernym(s): washup, bathing
3. shower - noun
· a brief period of precipitation; "the game was interrupted by a brief shower"
Hypernym(s): rain, rainfall
4. shower - noun
· a sudden downpour (as of tears or sparks etc) likened to a rain shower; "a little shower of rose petals"; "a sudden cascade of sparks"
5. shower - noun
· someone who organizes an exhibit for others to see
Synonym(s): exhibitor, exhibitioner
Hypernym(s): showman, promoter, impresario
6. shower - noun
· a party of friends assembled to present gifts (usually of a specified kind) to a person; "her friends organized a baby shower for her when she was expecting"
7. shower - verb
· expend profusely; also used with abstract nouns; "He was showered with praise"
Hypernym(s): consume, squander, waste, ware
8. shower - verb
· spray or sprinkle with; "The guests showered rice on the couple"
9. shower - verb
· take a shower; wash one's body in the shower; "You should shower after vigorous exercise"
10. shower - verb
· rain abundantly; "Meteors showered down over half of Australia"
Hypernym(s): rain, rain_down
11. shower - verb
· provide abundantly with; "He showered her with presents"
Hypernym(s): provide, supply, ply, cater
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.