1. shelling - noun
· the heavy fire of artillery to saturate an area rather than hit a specific target; "they laid down a barrage in front of the advancing troops"; "the shelling went on for hours without pausing"
2. shell - verb
· use explosives on; "The enemy has been shelling us all day"
3. shell - verb
· create by using explosives; "blast a passage through the mountain"
4. shell - verb
· fall out of the pod or husk; "The corn shelled"
5. shell - verb
· hit the pitches of hard and regularly; "He shelled the pitcher for eight runs in the first inning"
6. shell - verb
· look for and collect shells by the seashore
7. shell - verb
· come out better in a competition, race, or conflict; "Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"; "We beat the competition"; "Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
8. shell - verb
· remove from its shell or outer covering; "shell the legumes"; "shell mussels"
9. shell - verb
· remove the husks from; "husk corn"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.