Dictionary Results for share|
1. share - noun
· assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group; "he wanted his share in cash"
Synonym(s): portion, part, percentage
2. share - noun
· any of the equal portions into which the capital stock of a corporation is divided and ownership of which is evidenced by a stock certificate; "he bought 100 shares of IBM at the market price"
Hypernym(s): stock_certificate, stock
3. share - noun
· the allotment of some amount by dividing something; "death gets more than its share of attention from theologians"
Synonym(s): parcel, portion
Hypernym(s): allotment, apportionment, apportioning, allocation, parceling, parcelling, assignation
4. share - noun
· the effort contributed by a person in bringing about a result; "I am proud of my contribution in advancing the project"; "they all did their share of the work"
Synonym(s): contribution, part
Hypernym(s): attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour, try
5. share - noun
· a sharp steel wedge that cuts loose the top layer of soil
Synonym(s): plowshare, ploughshare
6. share - verb
· have in common; "Our children share a love of music"; "The two countries share a long border"
7. share - verb
· use jointly or in common
Hypernym(s): use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
8. share - verb
· have, give, or receive a share of; "We shared the cake"
Synonym(s): partake, partake_in
Hypernym(s): get, acquire
9. share - verb
· give out as one's portion or share
Synonym(s): divvy_up, portion_out, apportion, deal
Hypernym(s): distribute, give_out, hand_out, pass_out
10. share - verb
· communicate; "I'd like to share this idea with you"
Hypernym(s): communicate, intercommunicate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.