Dictionary Results for separated|
1. separate - verb
· act as a barrier between; stand between; "The mountain range divides the two countries"
2. separate - verb
· force, take, or pull apart; "He separated the fighting children"; "Moses parted the Red Sea"
Synonym(s): disunite, divide, part
Hypernym(s): move, displace
3. separate - verb
· mark as different; "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
Synonym(s): distinguish, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell_apart
Hypernym(s): identify, place
4. separate - verb
· separate into parts or portions; "divide the cake into three equal parts"; "The British carved up the Ottoman Empire after World War I"
Synonym(s): divide, split, split_up, dissever, carve_up
5. separate - verb
· divide into components or constituents; "Separate the wheat from the chaff"
6. separate - verb
· arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
Synonym(s): classify, class, sort, assort, sort_out
Hypernym(s): categorize, categorise
7. separate - verb
· make a division or separation
8. separate - verb
· discontinue an association or relation; go different ways; "The business partners broke over a tax question"; "The couple separated after 25 years of marriage"; "My friend and I split up"
Synonym(s): part, split_up, split, break, break_up
9. separate - verb
· go one's own way; move apart; "The friends separated after the party"
Synonym(s): part, split
10. separate - verb
· become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart"
Synonym(s): break, split_up, fall_apart, come_apart
11. separate - verb
· treat differently on the basis of sex or race
Synonym(s): discriminate, single_out
Hypernym(s): distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell_apart
12. separate - verb
· come apart; "The two pieces that we had glued separated"
Synonym(s): divide, part
13. separate - verb
· divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork; "The road forks"
Synonym(s): branch, ramify, fork, furcate
14. separated - adjective
· being or feeling set or kept apart from others; "she felt detached from the group"; "could not remain the isolated figure he had been"- Sherwood Anderson; "thought of herself as alone and separated from the others"; "had a set-apart feeling"
Synonym(s): detached, isolated, set-apart
15. separated - adjective
· spaced apart
16. separated - adjective
· separated at the joint; "a dislocated knee"; "a separated shoulder"
Synonym(s): disjointed, dislocated
17. separated - adjective
· no longer connected or joined; "a detached part"; "on one side of the island was a hugh rock, almost detached"; "the separated spacecraft will return to their home bases"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.