Dictionary Results for section|
1. section - noun
· a self-contained part of a larger composition (written or musical); "he always turns first to the business section"; "the history of this work is discussed in the next section"
Hypernym(s): writing, written_material, piece_of_writing, music
2. section - noun
· a very thin slice (of tissue or mineral or other substance) for examination under a microscope; "sections from the left ventricle showed diseased tissue"
3. section - noun
· a distinct region or subdivision of a territorial or political area or community or group of people; "no section of the nation is more ardent than the South"; "there are three synagogues in the Jewish section"
Hypernym(s): area, country
4. section - noun
· one of several parts or pieces that fit with others to constitute a whole object; "a section of a fishing rod"; "metal sections were used below ground"; "finished the final segment of the road"
Hypernym(s): part, portion
5. section - noun
· a small team of policemen working as part of a police platoon
Hypernym(s): team, squad
6. section - noun
· one of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole; "the written part of the exam"; "the finance section of the company"; "the BBC's engineering division"
Synonym(s): part, division
Hypernym(s): concept, conception, construct
7. section - noun
· a land unit equal to 1 square mile
8. section - noun
· (geometry) the area created by a plane cutting through a solid
Hypernym(s): area, expanse, surface_area
9. section - noun
· a small class of students who are part of a larger course but are taught separately; "a graduate student taught sections for the professor's lecture course"
Hypernym(s): class, form, grade, course
10. section - noun
· a division of an orchestra containing all instruments of the same class
Hypernym(s): musical_organization, musical_organisation, musical_group
11. section - noun
· a small army unit usually having a special function
12. section - noun
· a specialized division of a large organization; "you'll find it in the hardware department"; "she got a job in the historical section of the Treasury"
13. section - noun
· a segment of a citrus fruit; "he ate a section of the orange"
14. section - noun
· the cutting of or into body tissues or organs (especially by a surgeon as part of an operation)
Synonym(s): incision, surgical_incision
Hypernym(s): cut, cutting
15. section - verb
· divide into segments; "segment an orange"; "segment a compound word"
Hypernym(s): separate, divide, part
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.