Dictionary Results for second|
1. second - noun
· 1/60 of a minute; the basic unit of time adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
Synonym(s): sec, s
Hypernym(s): time_unit, unit_of_time
2. second - noun
· an indefinitely short time; "wait just a moment"; "in a mo"; "it only takes a minute"; "in just a bit"
Synonym(s): moment, mo, minute, bit
3. second - noun
· the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near the second of the bases in the infield
4. second - noun
· a particular point in time; "the moment he arrived the party began"
Synonym(s): moment, minute, instant
Hypernym(s): point, point_in_time
5. second - noun
· following the first in an ordering or series; "he came in a close second"
6. second - noun
· a 60th part of a minute of arc; "the treasure is 2 minutes and 45 seconds south of here"
7. second - noun
· the official attendant of a contestant in a duel or boxing match
Hypernym(s): attendant, attender, tender
8. second - noun
· a speech seconding a motion; "do I hear a second?"
Synonym(s): secondment, endorsement, indorsement
9. second - noun
· the gear that has the second lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle; "he had to shift down into second to make the hill"
Hypernym(s): gear, gear_mechanism
10. second - noun
· merchandise that has imperfections; usually sold at a reduced price without the brand name
Hypernym(s): merchandise, ware, product
11. second - verb
· give support or one's approval to; "I'll second that motion"; "I can't back this plan"; "endorse a new project"
Synonym(s): back, endorse, indorse
Hypernym(s): support, back_up
12. second - verb
· transfer an employee to a different, temporary assignment; "The officer was seconded for duty overseas"
Hypernym(s): transfer, reassign
13. second - adjective
· coming next after the first in position in space or time or degree or magnitude
Synonym(s): 2nd, 2d
14. second - adjective
· a part or voice or instrument or orchestra section lower in pitch than or subordinate to the first; "second flute"; "the second violins"
15. second - adverb
· in the second place; "second, we must consider the economy"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.