Dictionary Results for scratch|
1. scratch - noun
· an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off
Synonym(s): abrasion, scrape, excoriation
Hypernym(s): wound, lesion
2. scratch - noun
· a depression scratched or carved into a surface
Synonym(s): incision, prick, slit, dent
Hypernym(s): depression, impression, imprint
3. scratch - noun
· informal terms for money
Synonym(s): boodle, bread, cabbage, clams, dinero, dough, gelt, kale, lettuce, lolly, lucre, loot, moolah, pelf, shekels, simoleons, sugar, wampum
4. scratch - noun
· a competitor who has withdrawn from competition
Hypernym(s): rival, challenger, competitor, competition, contender
5. scratch - noun
· a line indicating the location of the start of a race or a game
Synonym(s): start, starting_line, scratch_line
6. scratch - noun
· dry mash for poultry
7. scratch - noun
· a harsh noise made by scraping; "the scrape of violin bows distracted her"
Synonym(s): scrape, scraping, scratching
8. scratch - noun
· poor handwriting
Synonym(s): scribble, scrawl, cacography
Hypernym(s): handwriting, hand, script
9. scratch - noun
· (golf) a handicap of zero strokes; "a golfer who plays at scratch should be able to achieve par on a course"
10. scratch - noun
· an indication of damage
Synonym(s): scrape, scar, mark
Hypernym(s): blemish, defect, mar
11. scratch - verb
· cause friction; "my sweater scratches"
Synonym(s): rub, fray, fret, chafe
Hypernym(s): touch, adjoin, meet, contact
12. scratch - verb
· cut the surface of; wear away the surface of
Synonym(s): scrape, scratch_up
13. scratch - verb
· scrape or rub as if to relieve itching; "Don't scratch your insect bites!"
Synonym(s): rub, itch
14. scratch - verb
· postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled; "Call off the engagement"; "cancel the dinner party"; "we had to scrub our vacation plans"; "scratch that meeting--the chair is ill"
Synonym(s): cancel, call_off, scrub
15. scratch - verb
· remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line; "Please strike this remark from the record"; "scratch that remark"
Synonym(s): strike, expunge, excise
Hypernym(s): delete, cancel
16. scratch - verb
· gather (money or other resources) together over time; "She had scraped together enough money for college"; "they scratched a meager living"
Synonym(s): scrape, scrape_up, come_up
Hypernym(s): roll_up, collect, accumulate, pile_up, amass, compile, hoard
17. scratch - verb
· carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface; "engrave a pen"; "engraved the trophy cup with the winner's name"; "the lovers scratched their names into the bark of the tree"
Synonym(s): engrave, grave, inscribe
Hypernym(s): carve, chip_at
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.