Dictionary Results for scrape|
1. scrape - noun
· a harsh noise made by scraping; "the scrape of violin bows distracted her"
Synonym(s): scraping, scratch, scratching
2. scrape - noun
· an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off
Synonym(s): abrasion, scratch, excoriation
Hypernym(s): wound, lesion
3. scrape - noun
· a deep bow with the foot drawn backwards (indicating excessive humility); "all that bowing and scraping did not impress him"
Hypernym(s): bow, bowing, obeisance
4. scrape - noun
· an indication of damage
Synonym(s): scratch, scar, mark
Hypernym(s): blemish, defect, mar
5. scrape - verb
· scratch repeatedly; "The cat scraped at the armchair"
6. scrape - verb
· make by scraping; "They scraped a letter into the stone"
Hypernym(s): make, create
7. scrape - verb
· cut the surface of; wear away the surface of
Synonym(s): scratch, scratch_up
8. scrape - verb
· bend the knees and bow in a servile manner
Synonym(s): kowtow, genuflect
9. scrape - verb
· gather (money or other resources) together over time; "She had scraped together enough money for college"; "they scratched a meager living"
Synonym(s): scrape_up, scratch, come_up
Hypernym(s): roll_up, collect, accumulate, pile_up, amass, compile, hoard
10. scrape - verb
· bruise, cut, or injure the skin or the surface of; "The boy skinned his knee when he fell"
Hypernym(s): injure, wound
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.