Dictionary Results for scoring|
1. scoring - noun
· evaluation of performance by assigning a grade or score; "what he disliked about teaching was all the grading he had to do"
Synonym(s): marking, grading
Hypernym(s): evaluation, rating
2. score - verb
· gain points in a game; "The home team scored many times"; "He hit a home run"; "He hit .300 in the past season"
Synonym(s): hit, tally, rack_up
Hypernym(s): gain, advance, win, pull_ahead, make_headway, get_ahead, gain_ground
3. score - verb
· make small marks into the surface of; "score the clay before firing it"
Synonym(s): nock, mark
4. score - verb
· make underscoring marks
Hypernym(s): record, enter, put_down
5. score - verb
· write a musical score for
Hypernym(s): compose, write
6. score - verb
· induce to have sex; "Harry finally seduced Sally"; "Did you score last night?"; "Harry made Sally"
Synonym(s): seduce, make
7. score - verb
· get a certain number or letter indicating quality or performance; "She scored high on the SAT"; "He scored a 200"
Hypernym(s): achieve, accomplish, attain, reach
8. score - verb
· assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation; "grade tests"; "score the SAT essays"; "mark homework"
Synonym(s): grade, mark
Hypernym(s): measure, evaluate, valuate, assess, appraise, value
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.