Dictionary Results for ruin|
1. ruin - noun
· an irrecoverable state of devastation and destruction; "you have brought ruin on this entire family"
Hypernym(s): devastation, desolation
2. ruin - noun
· a ruined building; "they explored several Roman ruins"
Hypernym(s): building, edifice
3. ruin - noun
· the process of becoming dilapidated
4. ruin - noun
· an event that results in destruction
Hypernym(s): destruction, demolition, wipeout
5. ruin - noun
· failure that results in a loss of position or reputation
Synonym(s): downfall, ruination
6. ruin - noun
· destruction achieved by causing something to be wrecked or ruined
Synonym(s): laying_waste, ruining, ruination, wrecking
Hypernym(s): destruction, devastation
7. ruin - verb
· destroy completely; damage irreparably; "You have ruined my car by pouring sugar in the tank!"; "The tears ruined her make-up"
8. ruin - verb
· destroy or cause to fail; "This behavior will ruin your chances of winning the election"
Hypernym(s): thwart, queer, spoil, scotch, foil, cross, frustrate, baffle, bilk
9. ruin - verb
· reduce to bankruptcy; "My daughter's fancy wedding is going to break me!"; "The slump in the financial markets smashed him"
Synonym(s): bankrupt, break, smash
10. ruin - verb
· reduce to ruins; "The country lay ruined after the war"
Hypernym(s): lay_waste_to, waste, devastate, desolate, ravage, scourge
11. ruin - verb
· deprive of virginity; "This dirty old man deflowered several young girls in the village"
Hypernym(s): copulate, mate, pair, couple
12. ruin - verb
· fall into ruin
Hypernym(s): decay, crumble, dilapidate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.