Dictionary Results for ruffle|
1. ruffle - noun
· a strip of pleated material used as a decoration or a trim
Synonym(s): frill, flounce, furbelow
2. ruffle - noun
· a high tight collar
Synonym(s): choker, ruff, neck_ruff
Hypernym(s): collar, neckband
3. ruffle - noun
· a noisy fight
Synonym(s): affray, disturbance, fray
Hypernym(s): fight, fighting, combat, scrap
4. ruffle - verb
· stir up (water) so as to form ripples
Synonym(s): ripple, riffle, cockle, undulate
Hypernym(s): flow, flux
5. ruffle - verb
· trouble or vex; "ruffle somebody's composure"
Hypernym(s): annoy, rag, get_to, bother, get_at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil
6. ruffle - verb
· to walk with a lofty proud gait, often in an attempt to impress others; "He struts around like a rooster in a hen house"
Synonym(s): tittup, swagger, prance, strut, sashay, cock
7. ruffle - verb
· discompose; "This play is going to ruffle some people"; "She has a way of ruffling feathers among her colleagues"
8. ruffle - verb
· twitch or flutter; "the paper flicked"
Synonym(s): flick, riffle
Hypernym(s): move, displace
9. ruffle - verb
· mix so as to make a random order or arrangement; "shuffle the cards"
Synonym(s): shuffle, mix
10. ruffle - verb
· erect or fluff up; "the bird ruffled its feathers"
11. ruffle - verb
· disturb the smoothness of; "ruffle the surface of the water"
Synonym(s): ruffle_up, rumple, mess_up
12. ruffle - verb
· pleat or gather into a ruffle; "ruffle the curtain fabric"
Hypernym(s): fold, fold_up, turn_up
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.