1. rock - noun
· a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter; "he threw a rock at me"
2. rock - noun
· material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust; "that mountain is solid rock"; "stone is abundant in New England and there are many quarries"
3. rock - noun
· United States gynecologist and devout Catholic who conducted the first clinical trials of the oral contraceptive pill (1890-1984)
4. rock - noun
· (figurative) someone who is strong and stable and dependable; "he was her rock during the crisis"; "Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church"--Gospel According to Matthew
5. rock - noun
· hard bright-colored stick candy (typically flavored with peppermint)
6. rock - noun
· a genre of popular music originating in the 1950s; a blend of black rhythm-and-blues with white country-and-western; "rock is a generic term for the range of styles that evolved out of rock'n'roll."
7. rock - noun
· pitching dangerously to one side
8. rock - verb
· move back and forth or sideways; "the ship was rocking"; "the tall building swayed"; "She rocked back and forth on her feet"
9. rock - verb
· cause to move back and forth; "rock the cradle"; "rock the baby"; "the wind swayed the trees gently"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.