Dictionary Results for roaring|
1. roaring - noun
· a deep prolonged loud noise
Synonym(s): boom, roar, thunder
2. roaring - noun
· a very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal); "his bellow filled the hallway"
Synonym(s): bellow, bellowing, holla, holler, hollering, hollo, holloa, roar, yowl
Hypernym(s): cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation
3. roar - verb
· make a loud noise, as of wind, water, or vehicles; "The wind was howling in the trees"; "The water roared down the chute"
Hypernym(s): make_noise, resound, noise
4. roar - verb
· utter words loudly and forcefully; "`Get out of here,' he roared"
5. roar - verb
· emit long loud cries; "wail in self-pity"; "howl with sorrow"
Synonym(s): howl, ululate, wail, yawl, yaup
Hypernym(s): shout, shout_out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
6. roar - verb
· act or proceed in a riotous, turbulent, or disorderly way; "desperadoes from the hills regularly roared in to take over the town"-R.A.Billington
Hypernym(s): proceed, go_forward, continue
7. roar - verb
· make a loud noise, as of animal; "The bull bellowed"
Hypernym(s): utter, emit, let_out, let_loose
8. roar - verb
· laugh unrestrainedly and heartily
Hypernym(s): laugh, express_joy, express_mirth
9. roaring - adjective
· very lively and profitable; "flourishing businesses"; "a palmy time for stockbrokers"; "a prosperous new business"; "doing a roaring trade"; "a thriving tourist center"; "did a thriving business in orchids"
Synonym(s): booming, flourishing, palmy, prospering, prosperous, thriving
10. roaring - adverb
· extremely; "roaring drunk"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.