Dictionary Results for rising|
1. rising - noun
· a movement upward; "they cheered the rise of the hot-air balloon"
Synonym(s): rise, ascent, ascension
Hypernym(s): change_of_location, travel
2. rising - noun
· organized opposition to authority; a conflict in which one faction tries to wrest control from another
Synonym(s): rebellion, insurrection, revolt, uprising
Hypernym(s): conflict, struggle, battle
3. rise - verb
· move upward; "The fog lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows"
Synonym(s): lift, arise, move_up, go_up, come_up, uprise
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
4. rise - verb
· increase in value or to a higher point; "prices climbed steeply"; "the value of our house rose sharply last year"
Synonym(s): go_up, climb
5. rise - verb
· rise to one's feet; "The audience got up and applauded"
Synonym(s): arise, uprise, get_up, stand_up
Antonym(s): sit_down, lie_down
6. rise - verb
· rise up; "The building rose before them"
Synonym(s): lift, rear
Hypernym(s): look, appear, seem
7. rise - verb
· come to the surface
Synonym(s): surface, come_up, rise_up
Hypernym(s): ascend, go_up
8. rise - verb
· come into existence; take on form or shape; "A new religious movement originated in that country"; "a love that sprang up from friendship"; "the idea for the book grew out of a short story"; "An interesting phenomenon uprose"
Synonym(s): originate, arise, develop, uprise, spring_up, grow
9. rise - verb
· move to a better position in life or to a better job; "She ascended from a life of poverty to one of great renown"
Synonym(s): ascend, move_up
10. rise - verb
· go up or advance; "Sales were climbing after prices were lowered"
Synonym(s): wax, mount, climb
11. rise - verb
· become more extreme; "The tension heightened"
12. rise - verb
· get up and out of bed; "I get up at 7 A.M. every day"; "They rose early"; "He uprose at night"
Synonym(s): get_up, turn_out, arise, uprise
13. rise - verb
· rise in rank or status; "Her new novel jumped high on the bestseller list"
Synonym(s): jump, climb_up
14. rise - verb
· become heartened or elated; "Her spirits rose when she heard the good news"
15. rise - verb
· exert oneself to meet a challenge; "rise to a challenge"; "rise to the occasion"
Hypernym(s): undertake, tackle, take_on
16. rise - verb
· take part in a rebellion; renounce a former allegiance
Synonym(s): rebel, arise, rise_up
Hypernym(s): protest, resist, dissent
17. rise - verb
· increase in volume; "the dough rose slowly in the warm room"
18. rise - verb
· come up, of celestial bodies; "The sun also rises"; "The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled..."; "Jupiter ascends"
Synonym(s): come_up, uprise, ascend
Hypernym(s): rise, lift, arise, move_up, go_up, come_up, uprise
19. rise - verb
· return from the dead; "Christ is risen!"; "The dead are to uprise"
Synonym(s): resurrect, uprise
20. rising - adjective
· advancing or becoming higher or greater in degree or value or status; "a rising trend"; "a rising market"
21. rising - adjective
· sloping upward
Synonym(s): acclivitous, uphill
22. rising - adjective
· coming to maturity; "the rising generation"
23. rising - adjective
· newly come into prominence; "a rising young politician"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.