Dictionary Results for rings|
1. rings - noun
· gymnastic apparatus consisting of a pair of heavy metal circles (usually covered with leather) suspended by ropes; used for gymnastic exercises; "the rings require a strong upper body"
Hypernym(s): gymnastic_apparatus, exerciser
2. ring - noun
· a characteristic sound; "it has the ring of sincerity"
3. ring - noun
· a toroidal shape; "a ring of ships in the harbor"; "a halo of smoke"
Synonym(s): halo, annulus, doughnut, anchor_ring
4. ring - noun
· a rigid circular band of metal or wood or other material used for holding or fastening or hanging or pulling; "there was still a rusty iron hoop for tying a horse"
5. ring - noun
· (chemistry) a chain of atoms in a molecule that forms a closed loop
Hypernym(s): chain, chemical_chain
6. ring - noun
· an association of criminals; "police tried to break up the gang"; "a pack of thieves"
Synonym(s): gang, pack, mob
7. ring - noun
· the sound of a bell ringing; "the distinctive ring of the church bell"; "the ringing of the telephone"; "the tintinnabulation that so voluminously swells from the ringing and the dinging of the bells"--E. A. Poe
Synonym(s): ringing, tintinnabulation
8. ring - noun
· a platform usually marked off by ropes in which contestants box or wrestle
9. ring - noun
· jewelry consisting of a circlet of precious metal (often set with jewels) worn on the finger; "she had rings on every finger"; "he noted that she wore a wedding band"
Hypernym(s): jewelry, jewellery
10. ring - noun
· a strip of material attached to the leg of a bird to identify it (as in studies of bird migration)
Hypernym(s): strip, slip
11. ring - verb
· sound loudly and sonorously; "the bells rang"
Hypernym(s): sound, go
12. ring - verb
· ring or echo with sound; "the hall resounded with laughter"
Synonym(s): resound, echo, reverberate
Hypernym(s): sound, go
13. ring - verb
· make (bells) ring, often for the purposes of musical edification; "Ring the bells"; "My uncle rings every Sunday at the local church"
14. ring - verb
· get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone; "I tried to call you all night"; "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"
Synonym(s): call, telephone, call_up, phone
15. ring - verb
· extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle; "The forest surrounds my property"
Synonym(s): surround, environ, skirt, border
Hypernym(s): touch, adjoin, meet, contact
16. ring - verb
· attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify; "ring birds"; "band the geese to observe their migratory patterns"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.