1. reverse - noun
· a relation of direct opposition; "we thought Sue was older than Bill but just the reverse was true"
2. reverse - noun
· the gears by which the motion of a machine can be reversed
3. reverse - noun
· an unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating
4. reverse - noun
· the side of a coin or medal that does not bear the principal design
5. reverse - noun
· (American football) a running play in which a back running in one direction hands the ball to a back running in the opposite direction
6. reverse - noun
· turning in the opposite direction
7. reverse - verb
· change to the contrary; "The trend was reversed"; "the tides turned against him"; "public opinion turned when it was revealed that the president had an affair with a White House intern"
8. reverse - verb
· turn inside out or upside down
9. reverse - verb
· rule against; "The Republicans were overruled when the House voted on the bill"
10. reverse - verb
· cancel officially; "He revoked the ban on smoking"; "lift an embargo"; "vacate a death sentence"
11. reverse - verb
· reverse the position, order, relation, or condition of; "when forming a question, invert the subject and the verb"
12. reverse - adjective
· directed or moving toward the rear; "a rearward glance"; "a rearward movement"
13. reverse - adjective
· of the transmission gear causing backward movement in a motor vehicle; "in reverse gear"
14. reverse - adjective
· reversed (turned backward) in order or nature or effect
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.