1. result - noun
· a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon; "the magnetic effect was greater when the rod was lengthwise"; "his decision had depressing consequences for business"; "he acted very wise after the event"
2. result - noun
· a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem; "they were trying to find a peaceful solution"; "the answers were in the back of the book"; "he computed the result to four decimal places"
3. result - noun
· something that results; "he listened for the results on the radio"
4. result - noun
· the semantic role of the noun phrase whose referent exists only by virtue of the activity denoted by the verb in the clause
5. result - verb
· issue or terminate (in a specified way, state, etc.); end; "result in tragedy"
6. result - verb
· produce as a result or residue; "The water left a mark on the silk dress"; "Her blood left a stain on the napkin"
7. result - verb
· come about or follow as a consequence; "nothing will result from this meeting"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.