Dictionary Results for restrained|
1. restrain - verb
· to close within bounds, or otherwise limit or deprive of free movement; "This holds the local until the express passengers change trains"; "About a dozen animals were held inside the stockade"; "The illegal immigrants were held at a detention center"; "The terrorists held the journalists for ransom"
Synonym(s): confine, hold, constrain
Hypernym(s): disable, disenable, incapacitate
2. restrain - verb
· restrict (someone or something) so as to make free movement difficult
Synonym(s): encumber, cumber
Hypernym(s): restrict, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
3. restrain - verb
· prevent (someone or something) from doing something; "security guards restrained the reporter from throwing another shoe"
Hypernym(s): prevent, keep
4. restrain - verb
· prevent the action or expression of; "hold back your anger"; "keep your cool"; "she struggled to restrain her impatience at the delays"
Synonym(s): keep, keep_back, hold_back
5. restrained - adjective
· cool and formal in manner
Synonym(s): reticent, unemotional
6. restrained - adjective
· under restraint
7. restrained - adjective
· marked by avoidance of extravagance or extremes; "moderate in his demands"; "restrained in his response"
8. restrained - adjective
· not showy or obtrusive; "clothes in quiet good taste"
9. restrained - adjective
· prudent; "guarded optimism"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.