1. rest - verb
· not move; be in a resting position
2. rest - verb
· take a short break from one's activities in order to relax
3. rest - verb
· give a rest to; "He rested his bad leg"; "Rest the dogs for a moment"
4. rest - verb
· have a place in relation to something else; "The fate of Bosnia lies in the hands of the West"; "The responsibility rests with the Allies"
5. rest - verb
· be at rest
6. rest - verb
· stay the same; remain in a certain state; "The dress remained wet after repeated attempts to dry it"; "rest assured"; "stay alone"; "He remained unmoved by her tears"; "The bad weather continued for another week"
7. rest - verb
· be inherent or innate in
8. rest - verb
· put something in a resting position, as for support or steadying; "Rest your head on my shoulder"
9. rest - verb
· sit, as on a branch; "The birds perched high in the tree"
10. rest - verb
· rest on or as if on a pillow; "pillow your head"
11. rest - verb
· be inactive, refrain from acting; "The committee is resting over the summer"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.