1. report - noun
· a written document describing the findings of some individual or group; "this accords with the recent study by Hill and Dale"
2. report - noun
· the act of informing by verbal report; "he heard reports that they were causing trouble"; "by all accounts they were a happy couple"
3. report - noun
· a short account of the news; "the report of his speech"; "the story was on the 11 o'clock news"; "the account of his speech that was given on the evening news made the governor furious"
4. report - noun
· a sharp explosive sound (especially the sound of a gun firing); "they heard a violent report followed by silence"
5. report - noun
· a written evaluation of a student's scholarship and deportment; "his father signed his report card"
6. report - noun
· an essay (especially one written as an assignment); "he got an A on his composition"
7. report - noun
· the general estimation that the public has for a person; "he acquired a reputation as an actor before he started writing"; "he was a person of bad report"
8. report - verb
· to give an account or representation of in words; "Discreet Italian police described it in a manner typically continental"
9. report - verb
· announce as the result of an investigation or experience or finding; "Dozens of incidents of wife beatings are reported daily in this city"; "The team reported significant advances in their research"
10. report - verb
· announce one's presence; "I report to work every day at 9 o'clock"
11. report - verb
· make known to the authorities; "One student reported the other to the principal"
12. report - verb
· be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism; "Snow reported on China in the 1950's"; "The cub reporter covered New York City"
13. report - verb
· complain about; make a charge against; "I reported her to the supervisor"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.