Dictionary Results for repair|
1. repair - noun
· the act of putting something in working order again
Synonym(s): fix, fixing, fixture, mend, mending, reparation
2. repair - noun
· a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
Hypernym(s): condition, status
3. repair - noun
· a frequently visited place
Synonym(s): haunt, hangout, resort, stamping_ground
Hypernym(s): area, country
4. repair - verb
· restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
Synonym(s): mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish_up, restore, touch_on
Hypernym(s): better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
5. repair - verb
· make amends for; pay compensation for; "One can never fully repair the suffering and losses of the Jews in the Third Reich"; "She was compensated for the loss of her arm in the accident"
Synonym(s): compensate, recompense, indemnify
6. repair - verb
· move, travel, or proceed toward some place; "He repaired to his cabin in the woods"
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
7. repair - verb
· set straight or right; "remedy these deficiencies"; "rectify the inequities in salaries"; "repair an oversight"
Synonym(s): rectify, remediate, remedy, amend
Hypernym(s): correct, rectify, right
8. repair - verb
· give new life or energy to; "A hot soup will revive me"; "This will renovate my spirits"; "This treatment repaired my health"
Synonym(s): animate, recreate, reanimate, revive, renovate, quicken, vivify, revivify
Hypernym(s): stimulate, arouse, brace, energize, energise, perk_up
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.