Dictionary Results for remits|
1. remit - noun
· the topic that a person, committee, or piece of research is expected to deal with or has authority to deal with; "they set up a group with a remit to suggest ways for strengthening family life"
Hypernym(s): topic, subject, issue, matter
2. remit - noun
· (law) the act of remitting (especially the referral of a law case to another court)
Synonym(s): remission, remitment
3. remit - verb
· send (money) in payment; "remit $25"
4. remit - verb
· hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
Synonym(s): postpone, prorogue, hold_over, put_over, table, shelve, set_back, defer, put_off
5. remit - verb
· release from (claims, debts, or taxes); "The taxes were remitted"
Hypernym(s): cancel, strike_down
6. remit - verb
· refer (a matter or legal case) to another committee or authority or court for decision
Synonym(s): remand, send_back
7. remit - verb
· forgive; "God will remit their sins"
8. remit - verb
· make slack as by lessening tension or firmness
Hypernym(s): loosen, loose
9. remit - verb
· diminish or abate; "The pain finally remitted"
Hypernym(s): decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.