Dictionary Results for relieve|
1. relieve - verb
· provide physical relief, as from pain; "This pill will relieve your headaches"
Synonym(s): alleviate, palliate, assuage
Hypernym(s): better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
2. relieve - verb
· free someone temporarily from his or her obligations
Hypernym(s): free, discharge
3. relieve - verb
· grant relief or an exemption from a rule or requirement to; "She exempted me from the exam"
Synonym(s): exempt, free
4. relieve - verb
· lessen the intensity of or calm; "The news eased my conscience"; "still the fears"
Synonym(s): still, allay, ease
Hypernym(s): comfort, soothe, console, solace
5. relieve - verb
· save from ruin, destruction, or harm
Synonym(s): salvage, salve, save
Hypernym(s): rescue, deliver
6. relieve - verb
· relieve oneself of troubling information
7. relieve - verb
· provide relief for; "remedy his illness"
Hypernym(s): treat, care_for
8. relieve - verb
· free from a burden, evil, or distress
Hypernym(s): rid, free, disembarrass
9. relieve - verb
· take by stealing; "The thief relieved me of $100"
10. relieve - verb
· grant exemption or release to; "Please excuse me from this class"
Synonym(s): excuse, let_off, exempt
Hypernym(s): absolve, free
11. relieve - verb
· alleviate or remove (pressure or stress) or make less oppressive; "relieve the pressure and the stress"; "lighten the burden of caring for her elderly parents"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.