Dictionary Results for relaxing|
1. relax - verb
· become less tense, rest, or take one's ease; "He relaxed in the hot tub"; "Let's all relax after a hard day's work"
Synonym(s): loosen_up, unbend, unwind, decompress, slow_down
Hypernym(s): change_state, turn
2. relax - verb
· make less taut; "relax the tension on the rope"
Hypernym(s): loosen, loose
3. relax - verb
· become loose or looser or less tight; "The noose loosened"; "the rope relaxed"
Synonym(s): loosen, loose
4. relax - verb
· cause to feel relaxed; "A hot bath always relaxes me"
Synonym(s): unstrain, unlax, loosen_up, unwind, make_relaxed
5. relax - verb
· become less tense, less formal, or less restrained, and assume a friendlier manner; "our new colleague relaxed when he saw that we were a friendly group"
Hypernym(s): act, behave, do
6. relax - verb
· make less severe or strict; "The government relaxed the curfew after most of the rebels were caught"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
7. relax - verb
· become less severe or strict; "The rules relaxed after the new director arrived"
8. relax - verb
· make less active or fast; "He slackened his pace as he got tired"; "Don't relax your efforts now"
Synonym(s): slack, slacken, slack_up
Hypernym(s): decrease, lessen, minify
9. relaxing - adjective
· affording physical or mental rest; "she spent a restful night at home"
Synonym(s): restful, reposeful
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.