1. recoil - noun
· the backward jerk of a gun when it is fired
2. recoil - noun
· a movement back from an impact
3. recoil - verb
· draw back, as with fear or pain; "she flinched when they showed the slaughtering of the calf"
4. recoil - verb
· come back to the originator of an action with an undesired effect; "Your comments may backfire and cause you a lot of trouble"; "the political movie backlashed on the Democrats"
5. recoil - verb
· spring back; spring away from an impact; "The rubber ball bounced"; "These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide"
6. recoil - verb
· spring back, as from a forceful thrust; "The gun kicked back into my shoulder"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.