1. recognise - verb
· show approval or appreciation of; "My work is not recognized by anybody!"; "The best student was recognized by the Dean"
2. recognise - verb
· grant credentials to; "The Regents officially recognized the new educational institution"; "recognize an academic degree"
3. recognise - verb
· detect with the senses; "The fleeing convicts were picked out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; "I can't make out the faces in this photograph"
4. recognise - verb
· express greetings upon meeting someone
5. recognise - verb
· express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for; "We must acknowledge the kindness she showed towards us"
6. recognise - verb
· be fully aware or cognizant of
7. recognise - verb
· perceive to be the same
8. recognise - verb
· accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority; "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"; "We do not recognize your gods"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.