Dictionary Results for recess|
1. recess - noun
· a state of abeyance or suspended business
Hypernym(s): abeyance, suspension
2. recess - noun
· a small concavity
Synonym(s): recession, niche, corner
Hypernym(s): concave_shape, concavity, incurvation, incurvature
3. recess - noun
· an arm off of a larger body of water (often between rocky headlands)
Hypernym(s): body_of_water, water
4. recess - noun
· an enclosure that is set back or indented
5. recess - noun
· a pause from doing something (as work); "we took a 10-minute break"; "he took time out to recuperate"
Synonym(s): respite, break, time_out
6. recess - verb
· put into a recess; "recess lights"
Hypernym(s): put, set, place, pose, position, lay
7. recess - verb
· make a recess in; "recess the piece of wood"
8. recess - verb
· close at the end of a session; "The court adjourned"
Synonym(s): adjourn, break_up
Hypernym(s): end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.