Dictionary Results for recall|
1. recall - noun
· a request by the manufacturer of a defective product to return the product (as for replacement or repair)
Hypernym(s): request, asking
2. recall - noun
· a call to return; "the recall of our ambassador"
3. recall - noun
· a bugle call that signals troops to return
4. recall - noun
· the process of remembering (especially the process of recovering information by mental effort); "he has total recall of the episode"
Synonym(s): recollection, reminiscence
Hypernym(s): memory, remembering
5. recall - noun
· the act of removing an official by petition
Hypernym(s): abrogation, repeal, annulment
6. recall - verb
· recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection; "I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
Synonym(s): remember, retrieve, call_back, call_up, recollect, think
7. recall - verb
· go back to something earlier; "This harks back to a previous remark of his"
Synonym(s): hark_back, return, come_back
Hypernym(s): denote, refer
8. recall - verb
· call to mind; "His words echoed John F. Kennedy"
9. recall - verb
· summon to return; "The ambassador was recalled to his country"; "The company called back many of the workers it had laid off during the recession"
Hypernym(s): call, send_for
10. recall - verb
· cause one's (or someone else's) thoughts or attention to return from a reverie or digression; "She was recalled by a loud laugh"
Hypernym(s): concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet
11. recall - verb
· make unavailable; bar from sale or distribution; "The company recalled the product when it was found to be faulty"
Hypernym(s): cancel, strike_down
12. recall - verb
· cause to be returned; "recall the defective auto tires"; "The manufacturer tried to call back the spoilt yoghurt"
Synonym(s): call_in, call_back, withdraw
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.