Dictionary Results for rearing|
1. rearing - noun
· the properties acquired as a consequence of the way you were treated as a child
Synonym(s): raising, nurture
2. rearing - noun
· helping someone grow up to be an accepted member of the community; "they debated whether nature or nurture was more important"
Synonym(s): breeding, bringing_up, fostering, fosterage, nurture, raising, upbringing
Hypernym(s): socialization, socialisation, acculturation, enculturation
3. rear - verb
· stand up on the hind legs, of quadrupeds; "The horse reared in terror"
4. rear - verb
· look after a child until it is an adult; "raise a family"; "bring up children"
Synonym(s): raise, bring_up, nurture, parent
5. rear - verb
· rise up; "The building rose before them"
Synonym(s): rise, lift
Hypernym(s): look, appear, seem
6. rear - verb
· cause to rise up
Hypernym(s): raise, lift, elevate, get_up, bring_up
7. rear - verb
· construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
Synonym(s): raise, erect, set_up, put_up
Hypernym(s): construct, build, make
8. rearing - adjective
· rearing on left hind leg with forelegs elevated and head usually in profile; "a lion rampant"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.