Dictionary Results for ray|
1. ray - noun
· a column of light (as from a beacon)
Synonym(s): beam, beam_of_light, light_beam, ray_of_light, shaft, shaft_of_light, irradiation
Hypernym(s): light, visible_light, visible_radiation
2. ray - noun
· a branch of an umbel or an umbelliform inflorescence
Hypernym(s): pedicel, pedicle
3. ray - noun
· (mathematics) a straight line extending from a point
4. ray - noun
· a group of nearly parallel lines of electromagnetic radiation
Synonym(s): beam, electron_beam
Hypernym(s): electromagnetic_radiation, electromagnetic_wave, nonparticulate_radiation
5. ray - noun
· the syllable naming the second (supertonic) note of any major scale in solmization
6. ray - noun
· any of the stiff bony spines in the fin of a fish
7. ray - noun
· cartilaginous fishes having horizontally flattened bodies and enlarged winglike pectoral fins with gills on the underside; most swim by moving the pectoral fins
Hypernym(s): elasmobranch, selachian
8. ray - verb
· emit as rays; "That tower rays a laser beam for miles across the sky"
Hypernym(s): emit, give_out, give_off
9. ray - verb
· extend or spread outward from a center or focus or inward towards a center; "spokes radiate from the hub of the wheel"; "This plants radiate spines in all directions"
Hypernym(s): run, go, pass, lead, extend
10. ray - verb
· expose to radiation; "irradiate food"
Hypernym(s): process, treat
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.