Dictionary Results for rake|
1. rake - noun
· a dissolute man in fashionable society
Synonym(s): rakehell, profligate, rip, blood, roue
Hypernym(s): libertine, debauchee, rounder
2. rake - noun
· degree of deviation from a horizontal plane; "the roof had a steep pitch"
Synonym(s): pitch, slant
Hypernym(s): gradient, slope
3. rake - noun
· a long-handled tool with a row of teeth at its head; used to move leaves or loosen soil
4. rake - verb
· move through with or as if with a rake; "She raked her fingers through her hair"
Hypernym(s): move, displace
5. rake - verb
· level or smooth with a rake; "rake gravel"
Hypernym(s): smooth, smoothen
6. rake - verb
· sweep the length of; "The gunfire raked the coast"
7. rake - verb
· examine hastily; "She scanned the newspaper headlines while waiting for the taxi"
Synonym(s): scan, skim, glance_over, run_down
Hypernym(s): examine, see
8. rake - verb
· gather with a rake; "rake leaves"
Hypernym(s): gather, garner, collect, pull_together
9. rake - verb
· scrape gently; "graze the skin"
Synonym(s): graze, crease
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.