Dictionary Results for rag|
1. rag - noun
· a small piece of cloth or paper
Synonym(s): shred, tag, tag_end, tatter
Hypernym(s): piece_of_cloth, piece_of_material
2. rag - noun
· a week at British universities during which side-shows and processions of floats are organized to raise money for charities
Hypernym(s): week, hebdomad
3. rag - noun
· music with a syncopated melody (usually for the piano)
4. rag - noun
· newspaper with half-size pages
Synonym(s): tabloid, sheet
Hypernym(s): newspaper, paper
5. rag - noun
· a boisterous practical joke (especially by college students)
6. rag - verb
· treat cruelly; "The children tormented the stuttering teacher"
Synonym(s): torment, bedevil, crucify, dun, frustrate
Hypernym(s): harass, hassle, harry, chivy, chivvy, chevy, chevvy, beset, plague, molest, provoke
7. rag - verb
· cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
Synonym(s): annoy, get_to, bother, get_at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil
8. rag - verb
· play in ragtime; "rag that old tune"
Hypernym(s): play, spiel
9. rag - verb
· harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
Synonym(s): tease, razz, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride
Hypernym(s): mock, bemock
10. rag - verb
· censure severely or angrily; "The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger's car"; "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"; "The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup"
Synonym(s): call_on_the_carpet, take_to_task, rebuke, trounce, lecture, reprimand, jaw, dress_down, call_down, scold, chide, berate, bawl_out, remonstrate, chew_out, chew_up, have_words, lambaste, lambast
Hypernym(s): knock, criticize, criticise, pick_apart
11. rag - verb
· break into lumps before sorting; "rag ore"
Hypernym(s): break_up, fragment, fragmentize, fragmentise
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.