Dictionary Results for racking|
1. rack - verb
· go at a rack; "the horses single-footed"
2. rack - verb
· stretch to the limits; "rack one's brains"
Hypernym(s): try, strain, stress
3. rack - verb
· put on a rack and pinion; "rack a camera"
Hypernym(s): work, put_to_work
4. rack - verb
· obtain by coercion or intimidation; "They extorted money from the executive by threatening to reveal his past to the company boss"; "They squeezed money from the owner of the business by threatening him"
Synonym(s): extort, squeeze, gouge, wring
Hypernym(s): overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook
5. rack - verb
· run before a gale
6. rack - verb
· fly in high wind
Hypernym(s): fly, wing
7. rack - verb
· draw off from the lees; "rack wine"
Hypernym(s): draw, take_out
8. rack - verb
· torment emotionally or mentally
Synonym(s): torment, torture, excruciate
Hypernym(s): pain, anguish, hurt
9. rack - verb
· work on a rack; "rack leather"
Hypernym(s): work, work_on, process
10. rack - verb
· seize together, as of parallel ropes of a tackle in order to prevent running through the block
Hypernym(s): seize, prehend, clutch
11. rack - verb
· torture on the rack
Hypernym(s): torture, excruciate, torment
12. racking - adjective
· causing great physical or mental suffering; "a wrenching pain"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.