Dictionary Results for pump|
1. pump - noun
· a mechanical device that moves fluid or gas by pressure or suction
2. pump - noun
· the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs; its rhythmic contractions move the blood through the body; "he stood still, his heart thumping wildly"
Synonym(s): heart, ticker
Hypernym(s): internal_organ, viscus
3. pump - noun
· a low-cut shoe without fastenings
4. pump - verb
· operate like a pump; move up and down, like a handle or a pedal; "pump the gas pedal"
Hypernym(s): wield, handle, manage
5. pump - verb
· deliver forth; "pump bullets into the dummy"
Hypernym(s): blast, shoot
6. pump - verb
· draw or pour with a pump
Hypernym(s): draw, take_out
7. pump - verb
· supply in great quantities; "Pump money into a project"
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
8. pump - verb
· flow intermittently
Hypernym(s): spurt, spirt, gush, spout
9. pump - verb
· move up and down; "The athlete pumps weights in the gym"
Hypernym(s): move, displace
10. pump - verb
· raise (gases or fluids) with a pump
Hypernym(s): raise, lift, elevate, get_up, bring_up
11. pump - verb
· question persistently; "She pumped the witnesses for information"
Hypernym(s): question, query
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.