1. pretend - noun
· the enactment of a pretense; "it was just pretend"
2. pretend - verb
· make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill"; "He shammed a headache"
3. pretend - verb
· behave unnaturally or affectedly; "She's just acting"
4. pretend - verb
· put forward a claim and assert right or possession of; "pretend the title of King"
5. pretend - verb
· put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation; "I am guessing that the price of real estate will rise again"; "I cannot pretend to say that you are wrong"
6. pretend - verb
· represent fictitiously, as in a play, or pretend to be or act like; "She makes like an actress"
7. pretend - verb
· state insincerely; "He professed innocence but later admitted his guilt"; "She pretended not to have known the suicide bomber"; "She pretends to be an expert on wine"
8. pretend - adjective
· imagined as in a play; "the make-believe world of theater"; "play money"; "dangling their legs in the water to catch pretend fish"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.