1. predicate - noun
· (logic) what is predicated of the subject of a proposition; the second term in a proposition is predicated of the first term by means of the copula; "`Socrates is a man' predicates manhood of Socrates"
2. predicate - noun
· one of the two main constituents of a sentence; the predicate contains the verb and its complements
3. predicate - verb
· make the (grammatical) predicate in a proposition; "The predicate `dog' is predicated of the subject `Fido' in the sentence `Fido is a dog'"
4. predicate - verb
· affirm or declare as an attribute or quality of; "The speech predicated the fitness of the candidate to be President"
5. predicate - verb
· involve as a necessary condition of consequence; as in logic; "solving the problem is predicated on understanding it well"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.