1. precipitate - verb
· bring about abruptly; "The crisis precipitated by Russia's revolution"
2. precipitate - verb
· separate as a fine suspension of solid particles
3. precipitate - verb
· fall from clouds; "rain, snow and sleet were falling"; "Vesuvius precipitated its fiery, destructive rage on Herculaneum"
4. precipitate - verb
· fall vertically, sharply, or headlong; "Our economy precipitated into complete ruin"
5. precipitate - verb
· hurl or throw violently; "The bridge broke and precipitated the train into the river below"
6. precipitating - adjective
· bringing on suddenly or abruptly; "the completion of the railroad was the precipitating cause in the extinction of waterborne commerce"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.