Dictionary Results for power|
1. power - noun
· possession of controlling influence; "the deterrent power of nuclear weapons"; "the power of his love saved her"; "his powerfulness was concealed by a gentle facade"
Antonym(s): powerlessness, powerlessness
2. power - noun
· (physics) the rate of doing work; measured in watts (= joules/second)
3. power - noun
· possession of the qualities (especially mental qualities) required to do something or get something done; "danger heightened his powers of discrimination"
Hypernym(s): cognition, knowledge, noesis
4. power - noun
· (of a government or government official) holding an office means being in power; "being in office already gives a candidate a great advantage"; "during his first year in office"; "during his first year in power"; "the power of the president"
5. power - noun
· one possessing or exercising power or influence or authority; "the mysterious presence of an evil power"; "may the force be with you"; "the forces of evil"
Hypernym(s): causal_agent, cause, causal_agency
6. power - noun
· a mathematical notation indicating the number of times a quantity is multiplied by itself
Synonym(s): exponent, index
7. power - noun
· physical strength
Synonym(s): might, mightiness
8. power - noun
· a state powerful enough to influence events throughout the world
Synonym(s): world_power, major_power, great_power, superpower
Hypernym(s): state, nation, country, land, commonwealth, res_publica, body_politic
9. power - noun
· energy made available by the flow of electric charge through a conductor; "they built a car that runs on electricity"; "The power went oout around midnight"
Synonym(s): electricity, electrical_energy
Hypernym(s): energy, free_energy
10. power - noun
· a very wealthy or powerful businessman; "an oil baron"
Synonym(s): baron, big_businessman, business_leader, king, magnate, mogul, top_executive, tycoon
Hypernym(s): businessman, man_of_affairs
11. power - verb
· supply the force or power for the functioning of; "The gasoline powers the engines"
Hypernym(s): provide, supply, ply, cater
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.