Dictionary Results for posts|
1. post - noun
· the position where someone (as a guard or sentry) stands or is assigned to stand; "a soldier manned the entrance post"; "a sentry station"
Hypernym(s): position, place
2. post - noun
· military installation at which a body of troops is stationed; "this military post provides an important source of income for the town nearby"; "there is an officer's club on the post"
3. post - noun
· a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
Synonym(s): position, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation
Hypernym(s): occupation, business, job, line_of_work, line
4. post - noun
· an upright consisting of a piece of timber or metal fixed firmly in an upright position; "he set a row of posts in the ground and strung barbwire between them"
Hypernym(s): upright, vertical
5. post - noun
· United States aviator who in 1933 made the first solo flight around the world (1899-1935)
Synonym(s): Post, Wiley_Post
6. post - noun
· United States female author who wrote a book and a syndicated newspaper column on etiquette (1872-1960)
Synonym(s): Post, Emily_Post, Emily_Price_Post
7. post - noun
· United States manufacturer of breakfast cereals and Postum (1854-1914)
Synonym(s): Post, C._W._Post, Charles_William_Post
8. post - noun
· any particular collection of letters or packages that is delivered; "your mail is on the table"; "is there any post for me?"; "she was opening her post"
Hypernym(s): collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
9. post - noun
· a pole or stake set up to mark something (as the start or end of a race track); "a pair of posts marked the goal"; "the corner of the lot was indicated by a stake"
10. post - noun
· the system whereby messages are transmitted via the post office; "the mail handles billions of items every day"; "he works for the United States mail service"; "in England they call mail `the post'"
Synonym(s): mail, mail_service, postal_service
Hypernym(s): communication, communicating
11. post - noun
· the delivery and collection of letters and packages; "it came by the first post"; "if you hurry you'll catch the post"
Hypernym(s): delivery, bringing
12. post - verb
· affix in a public place or for public notice; "post a warning"
Hypernym(s): affix, stick_on
13. post - verb
· publicize with, or as if with, a poster; "I'll post the news on the bulletin board"
Hypernym(s): announce, denote
14. post - verb
· assign to a post; put into a post; "The newspaper posted him in Timbuktu"
Hypernym(s): delegate, designate, depute, assign
15. post - verb
· assign to a station
Synonym(s): station, send, place
Hypernym(s): move, displace
16. post - verb
· display, as of records in sports games
Hypernym(s): record, enter, put_down
17. post - verb
· enter on a public list
18. post - verb
· transfer (entries) from one account book to another
19. post - verb
· ride Western style and bob up and down in the saddle in rhythm with a horse's trotting gait
20. post - verb
· mark with a stake; "stake out the path"
21. post - verb
· place so as to be noticed; "post a sign"; "post a warning at the dump"
Hypernym(s): install, instal, put_in, set_up
22. post - verb
· cause to be directed or transmitted to another place; "send me your latest results"; "I'll mail you the paper when it's written"
Synonym(s): mail, send
23. post - verb
· mark or expose as infamous; "She was branded a loose woman"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.