Dictionary Results for positive|
1. positive - noun
· the primary form of an adjective or adverb; denotes a quality without qualification, comparison, or relation to increase or diminution
Hypernym(s): adjective, adverb
2. positive - noun
· a film showing a photographic image whose tones correspond to those of the original subject
Hypernym(s): film, photographic_film
3. positive - adjective
· characterized by or displaying affirmation or acceptance or certainty etc.; "a positive attitude"; "the reviews were all positive"; "a positive benefit"; "a positive demand"
Antonym(s): negative, neutral
4. positive - adjective
· persuaded of; very sure; "were convinced that it would be to their advantage to join"; "I am positive he is lying"; "was confident he would win"
Synonym(s): convinced, confident
5. positive - adjective
· involving advantage or good; "a plus (or positive) factor"
6. positive - adjective
· indicating existence or presence of a suspected condition or pathogen; "a positive pregnancy test"
7. positive - adjective
· formally laid down or imposed; "positive laws"
8. positive - adjective
· impossible to deny or disprove; "incontrovertible proof of the defendant's innocence"; "proof positive"; "an irrefutable argument"
Synonym(s): incontrovertible, irrefutable
9. positive - adjective
· of or relating to positivism; "positivist thinkers"; "positivist doctrine"; "positive philosophy"
Synonym(s): positivist, positivistic
10. positive - adjective
· reckoned, situated or tending in the direction which naturally or arbitrarily is taken to indicate increase or progress or onward motion; "positive increase in graduating students"
11. positive - adjective
· greater than zero; "positive numbers"
12. positive - adjective
· having a positive charge; "protons are positive"
Synonym(s): electropositive, positively_charged
13. positive - adjective
· marked by excessive confidence; "an arrogant and cocksure materialist"; "so overconfident and impudent as to speak to the queen"; "the less he knows the more positive he gets"
Synonym(s): cocksure, overconfident
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.