Dictionary Results for pose|
1. pose - noun
· affected manners intended to impress others; "don't put on airs with me"
2. pose - noun
· a posture assumed by models for photographic or artistic purposes
Hypernym(s): position, posture, attitude
3. pose - noun
· a deliberate pretense or exaggerated display
Synonym(s): affectation, mannerism, affectedness
Hypernym(s): pretense, pretence, pretending, simulation, feigning
4. pose - verb
· introduce; "This poses an interesting question"
Hypernym(s): constitute, represent, make_up, comprise, be
5. pose - verb
· assume a posture as for artistic purposes; "We don't know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"
Synonym(s): model, sit, posture
Hypernym(s): expose, exhibit, display
6. pose - verb
· pretend to be someone you are not; sometimes with fraudulent intentions; "She posed as the Czar's daughter"
Synonym(s): impersonate, personate
Hypernym(s): deceive, betray, lead_astray
7. pose - verb
· behave affectedly or unnaturally in order to impress others; "Don't pay any attention to him--he is always posing to impress his peers!"; "She postured and made a total fool of herself"
Hypernym(s): behave, acquit, bear, deport, conduct, comport, carry
8. pose - verb
· put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
Synonym(s): put, set, place, position, lay
Hypernym(s): move, displace
9. pose - verb
· be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
Synonym(s): perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound
Hypernym(s): confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.